Monday, January 3, 2011

The end of our year

On December 10, at 6:30 am we arrived to pick up Eric. We got settled and put up our welcome home signs and Eric pulled in on their buses around 6:45. Nothing can describe the way you feel when you first lay eyes on them. This homecoming was more special then our others because Conner was seeing Daddy for the first time in 10 months. Once Conner spotted him he looked at him for a minute and then ran to him and gave him a huge hug. It melted my heart. Then it was my turn to get my hugs and kisses. It's such an amazing feeling! Eric has been home almost a month now and it still gives me butterflies that he is actually home.

After Eric got home we flew to Ohio on the 16th. We went home to celebrate Christmas with my Family and to get to bring the rest of our stuff down, and our Escape. While we were home Conner got his first flu bug. It was miserable, especially since Eric and I caught it as well. I've never had to deal with Conner sick like that before. He's had tummy bugs, and stuffy noses but nothing every to extreme. His lasted the longest, 6 days. Luckily he only was throwing up for 2-3 of those days. I was so sad for my baby. :( We didn't get a lot done while we were home because of being sick, and preparing for Christmas but it was awesome to spend everyday with Eric, and to wake up next to him. It was a bitter sweet moment when we left. I was so sad to be leaving my Parent's, but excited to get to my new home and start our year together.

Our trip down was LONG. We took two days and with the Uhaul being pulled by the Escape we couldn't go faster then 60. It felt so long, especially since Conner and I just had made the trip a month earlier with my Dad, and then we were going 80 and got here much quicker. But I always love car trips with Eric because we just talk and catch up. It's always nice. Conner did really well, and so did the cats. We are lucky because Conner has been traveling his whole life so he does really good. Our DVD player is our best investment. He will just sit back there and watch movies and sleep. He gets restless, but so do I and I am 25 haha.

We got down to MS on the 30th and have had lots to do. Unloading the truck and going through all the boxes and toys from Ohio. I have moved twice in a month. Once from the storage unit, and then from Ohio. It's been a crazy month. I can't wait to get our house all set up and just live. It's starting to feel more and more like home though, which I love. Conner has been happy to be home. When we first left Ohio in November, Conner acted out a lot and was sad because he missed everyone. Once we got back down here again he kept saying "home sweet home" and it's so sweet and makes me feel a lot better that he is happy to be down here. I know he misses everyone, and will miss them always. Everyone in Ohio loves him so much and gives him so much attention. I think he'll miss his Papa the most, but has fallen back into Daddy;s boy rather quickly, which makes me so happy.

So my Family is back together and doing great. As for me.. I feel amazing. How couldn't I? I spent last year being miserable. I let everyone get to me and worried about everyone but myself. I didn't like the person I was last year, well I guess it was two years ago now..lol But anyway I am changing myself for the better this year. I am going to enjoy my baby boy, and my Husband and not worry about how many friends I have or why we aren't hanging out with everyone. People do nothing but stress me out and make me feel bad so I am just living for my Family. I won't let anything bring me down this year. I have my friends back home that I know I can count on. While they may not be here, I know they are always here for me. I've met a few ladies through Eric that he has known for years and I think we hit it off well. I'm hoping we spend lots of time with them. Especially since one of the ladies is also a 7 wife so we'll be going through next deployment, and even FEX together. So it will be nice.

That's how we are doing.. amazing and happy. :)

1 comment:

Sarah said...

:) This is your best post ever! I am so happy for you guys. I really don't have a lot of friends in real life -- especially since becoming a mom. I think my priorities are the same as yours.