Saturday, January 15, 2011

Our big boy!

Well as we all know Conner is heading towards 3, quick. Since Eric got home, and we got settled back down here in MS we have been talking about the potty a lot more with Conner. I didn't want to be pushy, and have us both be frustrated. He started showing little signs.. Like telling us 15-20 minutes before he even pooped, that he had to poop. That really started on our trip down here, and I thought it was because he couldn't push it out while sitting in his carseat, but he continued to tell us after we got home.

Well the other day we put him in undies and he wet two pairs within 15 minutes, so we then just put a diaper back on him. He kept telling us no that he wouldn't sit on the potty. Today after his nap we put underwear on him, and he told Eric he had to go potty.. So he went upstairs and sat on his potty and went pee!! So we brought his potty downstairs because he kept saying "poop poop" so we knew he was going to have to go soon. Well we were sitting in the living room and I heard him go in the bathroom and was banging around and he had taken off his undies and was sitting on his potty so I turned the light on and walked away. I peeked around the corner and he was pushing (who knew seeing your kid push poop out could be so exciting!!), and he stood up, and I went in there and TA-DA! there was poop in there! HE POOPED ON THE POTTY!! We screamed and was so excited and he got a prize. (After going pee on the potty he got his prize of a red car I have been holding onto for months). So our big boy has used the potty, on his own! I think that's the most exciting part, is that he went in there on his own and just did his thing! It was amazing and I am so proud of my baby! I am sad to see him in undies, he looks so grown up, but I am so proud of him!

I know this may be a long road, and he will have accidents and all that jazz but this is a huge step in the right direction! GO CONNER! Mommy and Daddy are so proud of you!

No comments: