Thursday, December 2, 2010

It's December!

I can not believe that it is December! It seriously amazes me how fast this year has gone. It's good of course because this is the month Eric will be home! It's also sad because Conner is growing up so fast, and this also means we'll no longer be living in Ohio. We'll miss my Family and Friends so much but are looking forward to our new life in 2011. :)

We arrived in MS on Sunday. We left Ohio Saturday afternoon. My Dad ended up driving with us which was nice because 1.) we had time together and 2.) he drove the whole way. Haha. We stopped in Tennessee and continued our drive Sunday. It went by pretty quick and was a smooth trip. Conner did so well and just hung out watching his DVD's. That DVD player was a life saver!

We got all of our stuff moved in on Tuesday. Dad and I moved some things in on Monday after we signed our lease. The house is small, only two bedroom, but it's a lot nicer then I expected and I am happy with it. I like being on base because it feels safer, and it's going to save us a lot of money. We only have to pay for our internet and cable. We'll lose all of our housing allowance but we did anyways in our old house we rented. We're so close to the commissary and Eric's works so we'll save on gas.

Eric is having his end of deployment party tomorrow so it's so real now! Time is coming to an end and our Hero will be home. I can't believe it! My friend I met through the NMCB 7 Facebook page text me today and said she'd be able to get off of work to come take pictures for me so that is even more exciting! I am so happy we'll have pictures to capture his homecoming.

So we're all doing great. Conner is handling the changes pretty well. He has his moments but he's 2, and has no clue what's going on so it's understandable. I just can't wait to see his face when he sees Eric for the first time. It's going to be amazing!

I've been busy trying to get the house together as much as I can before Eric gets home. We'll still have some stuff to do but for the most part it'll be all ready to go and we won't have to spend all of our time unpacking and doing things like that. It's just going to be the best! :)

No comments: