Friday, July 23, 2010

Life with a toddler

...Is full of so many different emotions!

I love watching Conner grow, and learn. I love hearing him say new words, especially the ones he says wrong. It's so cute. He has started to say bug, but most of the time he calls them momey's.. I have NO clue where he got that from but it's so cute. He also refers to himself as, Nonney. Whenever he wants something he'll say his name, he also talks in 3rd person a lot. lol

He's doing really well. Growing like a weed. We're missing Eric, and he asks about him a lot and will point out Daddy's things in my room. I love that it's been 5 months and Conner remembers him so well. He points him out in pictures all the time, and on my phone. He gets so excited. So I am holding hope that in 5 months he will still remember him and be excited to see him when he gets back, instead of scared.

Conner definitely has his moments (as do I). He gets mad and yells at the top of his lungs when he's mad. He's not a very good listener to say the least. He doesn't really throw tantrums, but he gets mad and just yells or throws things. He's VERY persistent when he wants something, which can drive you crazy. He's not at all interested in the potty, and I'm not pushing it yet. I fear that if I do we'll both just get frustrated and it's going to take longer then it needs to. So we're just taking it day by day. I'm hoping when Eric gets home we'll get him more interested in it and can work on it together.

Eric is doing well. He has moved to his new location and will be there for a couple of months before heading back to Spain to pack up to come home! I CAN'T wait for homecoming day. I get so excited just thinking about it. I think about our homecoming sign, and getting Conner a cute shirt made to welcome Daddy home. It's going to be one of the best days of our lives!I'm REALLY hoping that he comes home more towards the of November, but as Military Wives you learn to hope, but not expect, because in the end you can be left with a broken heart.

No comments: