Tuesday, October 25, 2011

11 October 11


We had an appointment on Friday the 7th of October. I was checked to see if I was dilated and I was 3 cm, could be stretched for 4. My blood pressure, even on pills, was still running high so he decided to schedule me for an induction. It was scheduled for Tuesday, October 11th.

The night before we took Conner to Kimberly's house for his very first sleepover. I was a nervous wreck because 1, I hate being away from him, and 2 he's never been away from us like that. He did pretty well other then having to sleep with Kimberly's, Husband.

We woke up Tuesday morning a 3:30 am. I wanted to shower and get the last few things together. We left the house around 4:45 and arrived at the Hospital shortly after 5 am. We got put into our room, Suit 5. I got blood drawn and my IV started (which I hated where they put my IV, it was in the side of my wrist. SO uncomfortable! And in my right hand too!). We had to wait until we got a steady reading of the babies heart rate. He kept bouncing around and going off the monitors. Finally at 7 am the Pitocin was started. They slowly increase it by 2's. At the point of check in I was still 3 cm, and having contractions that I couldn't feel yet. I got on the birthing ball to bounce around and try to get things moving along. While on the ball she upped my pitocin to 8. Things started getting really intense. My contractions were happening back to back so they had to turn it back down to 4 because it wasn't giving the baby any time to rest. (Not to mention me either! haha). I took the contractions as long as I could (this was the first time I had ever felt them, with Conner I had my epi way before I started feeling contractions) before I asked for my epi. I knew I wanted to at least be 7 cm to get my epi, and she checked me and I was 6, almost 7 so I told them I'd like my epi now.

So before they came to put my epidural in, she broke my water. Luckily they came in right after because man did things get really intense in those few minutes. After getting my epidural in I felt a sense of relief. The two things I was most nervous about was feeling the contractions, and getting my epidural. So it felt good to sit and relax and try to rest for a little before the time came. I was prepared for a long birth because with Conner I pushed for 2 hours. They had to stop my pitocin because an emergency C-Section came in and there wouldn't be any doctors on the floor to deliver me if things moved to quickly. I was kind of disappointed because I was still at 7 cm at this point when she checked me again. About an hour later she came in to check me again before they went in for the C-Section and she said "It's time to push!". I was in shock because I was not expecting those last 3 cm to blow by that quickly. So I just kind of looked around confused on what was happening lol This was around 11:50 and Carter was born at 12:05. I got to hold him right away and snuggled him for a while. I had to hold a tube by him to give him some oxygen but he was doing great. I really enjoyed those moments with him, just taking in everything about him and how precious he was, and that he was finally here! I couldn't believe I was a Mother of 2! They took him to wash him up, and weigh him. He was 6 lbs 9 oz and 19 3/4 in long.

Conner adored him as soon as he saw him. He held him a lot more then I expected him to want to, but it was so sweet to see him so inlove with his little Brother. Carter just fit right into our little Family. <3

No comments: