Monday, November 1, 2010

November is the final month!



We have reached the final month of Deployment! We are getting so excited to have Eric home with us finally!

We're all doing pretty good. Conner had his first Dentist appointment. Sadly, he has a cavity that needs filled already. The reason is he has grooves in his teeth, which are like little holes so he is probably going to always have cavities but we are going to try our best to prevent them. Lots of water to flush the food out and such. Once he gets older and has all of his adult teeth he'll need to get his teeth sealed to fill in those grooves. So we have a LONG time before that can happen. Other then that though he looked great and did really well.

He also had his first cold. His immune system is so good though that it really didn't get bad. He still has a bit of a cough but other then that he was good. He is talking up a storm and I think he knows Daddy will be coming home soon. Whenever Eric calls Conner will say "Hi Daddy.. Home home home" asking him to come home. Kind of heart breaking, but so cute at the same time.

We also got a brand new, 2011 Escape! It's amazing and I LOVE it! The payments are a bit high, but we'll make it work. I feel like Conner is so much safer in there and it is so much easier getting him in and out of it. I clean it daily..lol I am obsessed with vacuuming it. I would wash the outside more because it drives me crazy when it's dirty but with the rain and everything it's pointless. I do need to buckle down and wash it good and get it waxed before Winter. I love it though and am so thankful Eric let me get it. :)



I am finishing up my cake class. It has been so fun, and I really hope to find the next class when we get back to MS. I know I'll have to go alone but I really want to. I'm not very good, but practice makes perfect. I'll have my last follow up from my surgery next Tuesday. My scar healed up so good. He did a great job. You can see it, but barely. He's amazing. I've lost all my baby weight, and then some. Just in time to trying to get pregnant again. ;) I am down to 112 and feel great. I am still self conscious about how I look without clothes but I am working on it. Conner is totally worth it but it's hard to get use to your new Mommy body.

Eric is doing great. Finishing up in Africa and then he'll head back to Spain, I'm thinking maybe mid month. They can't wait to get back there and eat real food and start packing up to come home. He's such an amazing, strong man!

Halloween just passed and Conner went as Daddy. He looked so stinkin' cute in his cami's. Best costume ever I swear! He did really good at trick-or-treating. He was afraid of people in masks, and even just face paint but got a little better as we went along. He got lots of goodies that I am hiding. With his cavity I really don't want him eating anymore sweets then he needs to. I also don't want to not let him have it because that's part of growing up! :)


So that's how we're doing. This deployment has flown by and it has been great. We've had so much fun being in Ohio and spending time with everyone. I've learned a lot about myself, and others. I plan on making the best out of 2011 and try to move past my own insecurities and just enjoy life. Try not to dwell on other people and just be thankful for everything I have in my life!

3 comments:

Peeples Family said...

So excited it's almost over for you guys! Only thing is that means mine begins! I can handle it though...hopefully! Can't wait for you guys to be back down here!

Sarah said...

I'm so happy it's November!!! Yay for Eric coming home. The new wheels are cute! I was obsessed with keeping our Focus clean when we got it -- I've been slacking lately.

And holy crap, 112? Cindy, I am a cow compared to you. I got down to 126.5, which is 5 lbs. above my h.s. weight, and I thought that was good. I could never get to 112! You look amazing, by the way, but I have always thought you were super gorgeous, regardless of your weight.

Boo for cavities. I have to get Andrew in too, but I am scared that he won't sit still. I can see cavities on his bottom molars, I think on the back 4 teeth. :( I am not looking forward to that appt.

Cindy said...

Sarah if you think you see cavities you probably do. I noticed the spot on Conners tooth but prayed it was stubborn food. LOL Conner surprised me, he did very well. If you take them to a pedi dentist they know what they are doing to deal with kids. It's amazing.

Kimberly.. I'm sorry your deployment is starting, I really am. It sucks. But we'll be there for you any way we can.