Friday, February 27, 2009

The day Conner was born




Conner was born in Rota, Spain on May 24, 2o08. He was 5 lbs 15 oz and 18 1/2 in long of pure perfectness. Conner spent the first 4 days of his life in the Spanish NICU. It was hard to be away from him and my heart still aches when I think about it. Nothing can ever explain the feeling you have to go home with an empty stomach, and empty arms.


The first time I seen Conner in the NICU was the Monday after he was born. My heart sank as I waited to see him for the first time since Saturday. I stood there in a hot hospital full of people waiting to see their babies as well. I was in so much pain from just giving birth but I knew I had to set my feeling aside because I knew it would be worth it to see my precious baby boy. We'll never get those 4 days back, and we'll never forget them.



We had a rough start but we started our days together on May 28th. Nothing has been the same, yet we wouldn't change a thing.

No comments: